[Jack-Devel] Jack cannot run after re-installing

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:45:24 CEST 2016

Hi,
I'm trying to use Jack with an Odroid-U3. I re-installed a Debian Wheezy
image which had Jack installed and was working fine with a Focusrite
Scarlett 2i4 sound card.
I did an "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" and then I installed
libasound2-dev and libjack-dev because I wanted to compile Pure Data from
source, and these packages are necessary.
After compiling Pure Data I realized that Jack had been uninstalled (no
idea why), so I installed it again, along with Qjackctl, via apt-get.
Now when I try to run Jack through Qjackctl, with the same sound card, Jack
starts but after half a second it stops. Here are the messages I get:

20:34:15.291 Patchbay deactivated.

20:34:15.293 Statistics reset.

20:34:15.424 ALSA connection change.

connect(2) call to /tmp/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=Connection
refused)

attempt to connect to server failed

20:34:15.443 ALSA connection graph change.

20:34:37.680 JACK is starting...

20:34:37.681 /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -r48000 -p1024 -n2 -Xraw -D -Chw:USB
-Phw:USB -i2 -o4

connect(2) call to /tmp/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=Connection
refused)

attempt to connect to server failed

jackd 0.124.1

Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn
and others.

jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

20:34:37.696 JACK was started with PID=21882.

apparent rate = 48000

creating alsa driver ... hw:USB|hw:USB|1024|2|48000|2|
4|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit

configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods

ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian

ALSA: use 2 periods for capture

ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian

ALSA: use 2 periods for playback

20:34:39.919 JACK connection change.

20:34:39.920 Server configuration saved to "/home/odroid/.jackdrc".

20:34:39.922 Statistics reset.

20:34:39.971 Client activated.

20:34:39.977 Buffer size change (1024).

20:34:40.493 Shutdown notification.

20:34:40.495 Client deactivated.

20:34:40.497 JACK is being forced...

cannot read server event (Success)

cannot continue execution of the processing graph (Bad file descriptor)

graph error - calling shutdown handler

cannot send request type 7 to server

cannot read result for request type 7 from server (Broken pipe)

cannot send request type 7 to server

cannot read result for request type 7 from server (Broken pipe)

20:34:40.594 JACK has crashed.

20:34:40.704 JACK was stopped

Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Thanks