[Jack-Devel] 64 Channel Madi (hdspe)

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Sep 28 14:57:32 CEST 2016

On 09/28/16 14:37, godfrey.small at ams-neve.com wrote:

> and audable.  When I boot into Ubuntu, I run QjackCtl and start Jack.  I
> then start a simple program I have written from a tutorial I found that
> copies from the inputs to the outputs.  Unfortunately, nothing is
> received on the inputs.

Vague guess: you haven't connected the input ports to your program? Or
the program registers the input ports the wrong way?

Random hint: try firing up hdspmixer (there's a Linux version) to
monitor the inputs and/or initialise the mixer.

Also: try one of the existing recording apps, for instance ardour or
jackrec to rule out the possibility that your custom code is wrong.

HTH