[Jack-Devel] 64 Channel Madi (hdspe)

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 15:57:57 CEST 2016

On 28/09/2016 13:57, Adrian Knoth wrote:

> Also: try one of the existing recording apps, for instance ardour or
> jackrec to rule out the possibility that your custom code is wrong.

Hi Godfrey - long time, no see !!!

I'm no expert with Linux but if you're familiar with Reaper I believe
there's a beta version available for Linux.  Or as Adrian mentioned,
Ardour is available for both platforms.  This struck me as slightly odd
though...

On 28/09/2016 13:37, godfrey.small at ams-neve.com wrote:

> Machine 'A' is runing Win7, and the RME TotalMix is running showing
> what is on each channel.  I am also running Reaper, which has a plugin
> generating tone on the 1st 8 channels which is visible on the TotalMix.
>
> Machine 'B' is a dual boot Win7/Ubuntu 16.04, and when booted into
> Win7, the tone coming in on the madi stream channels 1-8 is clearly
> present and audable.  When I boot into Ubuntu [...] nothing is
> received on the inputs.  On the outputs however if I fill the output
> Buffer with random numbers, the resulting noise appears on machine 'A'

Have you got some kind of weird loop, where Machine 'B' is trying to
sync to machine 'A' - but machine 'A' is also trying to sync to machine 'B'?

John Emmas