[Jack-Devel] ?==?utf-8?q? Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Fri Aug 25 17:13:12 CEST 2017

On 08/25/17 07:56, Chris Caudle wrote:
> If jackd had a bug that caused it to continue playing buffers even when
> the client stopped processing (not confirmed, I think that is not very
> likely), but if that occured, even a very short buffer replayed
> continuously would make a very annoying buzzing noise from repeatedly
> playing the same samples.
>
> Given the  information from Ralf Mattes it seems more likely that the
> sclang program that was stopped stopped providing data, but the scserver
> process kept processing the buffers, so from the jackd perspective the
> client was still active.

I can tell you with certainty that no SC server keeps running. The
testcase causing this problem creates its own server, see it below.

I also observed the problem with other clients.

Yuri

---testcase---

s = Server.local;
s.boot;

(
   s.waitForBoot{
     (
       play(
         {
           SinOsc.ar(
             freq: 1000
           )
         }
       );
       s.record(path:
"/home/yuri/proj/app-stable-working/gui-sound/out-xxx.wav", numChannels: 1);
       3.wait;
       s.stopRecording;
     )
   }