[Jack-Devel] ?==?utf-8?q? Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 25 19:10:26 CEST 2017

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:07:38 -0700, Yuri wrote:
>Latency positively has nothing to do with this problem.

Hi,

playing out the buffer was just a careful thought, since it wasn't
clear that it is an endless buzz.

Repeating my own comments, I don't experience this issue with jack 2,
but if everything is ok, then I stop first playing an audio signal and
after that I do not use Ctrl+C to quit the application/s, Instead I'm
using a regular option provided by the application/s to quit. If
something should go wrong, then I kill everything, including jack 2.

I don't know why you want to interrupt a client playing an audio
signal using Ctrl+C, if everything is ok. If you do this, since
something else already went wrong, then I don't understand, why you
don't want to kill jackd.

Even if jackd should need the improvement you requested, consider to do
such things in a logical order, as you would do when using expensive
hardware in an audio studio. You wouldn't pull on a cable, to unplug a
jack, then stop playing your instrument and after that turn of the amp.
You would first stop playing, then turn of the amp and after that hold
the plug to disconnect it. If something should go wrong, you would use
the emergency stop switch to stop everything, you don't want that the
emergency stop switch let the mixing console turned on.

Regards,
Ralf