[Jack-Devel] ?==?utf-8?q? Jack server keeps playing sound after client disconnetcs

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Fri Aug 25 19:24:43 CEST 2017

On 08/25/17 10:10, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> Repeating my own comments, I don't experience this issue with jack 2,
I use jack1.
Jack2 is linux- and MacOS-only as it currently is, because it doesn't
build on POSIX systems without platform-specific code.

> I don't know why you want to interrupt a client playing an audio
> signal using Ctrl+C, if everything is ok. If you do this, since
> something else already went wrong, then I don't understand, why you
> don't want to kill jackd.

Because I am not in a production environment. I experiment, and need to
stop looped scripts.

> Even if jackd should need the improvement you requested, consider to do
> such things in a logical order, as you would do when using expensive
> hardware in an audio studio. You wouldn't pull on a cable, to unplug a

This is a major problem with Jack, because clients can crash or be
killed and this likely renders jack server unusable.

Yuri