[Jack-Devel] Suggestion to include loopback capability in a Jack session

Thomas Howe tho7maspenguin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 23:31:04 CET 2017

Ok, I tried it, and as I assumed it had no effect apart from stopping
SMPlayer playing through ALSA at all. I'm guessing this is a glitch in
SMPlayer, because MuseScore plays fine through ALSA and makes the ALSA-Jack
client appear. This solution still seems functionally identical to my ALSA
loopback setup - most things work fine but Firefox still creates a
"Firefox" Jack client and outputs through that instead of the default ALSA
device.

Also, this deviates from the point I was trying to make in the first email
- Jack's system ports can't currently be hidden from programs, and it would
be useful if they could.