[Jack-Devel] Recorded from OSS /dev/dsp sound is too high pitched on FreeBSD

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Mon Jan 9 17:16:43 CET 2017

On Mon, January 9, 2017 12:06 am, Yuri wrote:
> My OSS device with the mike doesn't accept 48000. During
> sysctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED) it always falls back to 32000. Jack fails to
> process this properly and records the signal with the wrong pitch.

I looked back at your first email and you never showed the entire output
from jackd as it starts.  The console messages printed should display the
determined paramaters.  On ALSA systems there is a message showing what
sample rate is used if it is not the same as the sample rate requested.
Maybe OSS does not return that information.  That would be a limitation of
OSS or maybe an error in the jackd OSS driver, not a generic jackd
problem.  I have never heard of anyone using the OSS driver, how many
users of that are there?

--
Chris Caudle