[Jack-Devel] Recorded from OSS /dev/dsp sound is too high pitched on FreeBSD

Hans Petter Selasky hps at selasky.org
Mon Jan 9 19:19:10 CET 2017

Hi Adrian,

On 01/09/17 18:24, Adrian Knoth wrote:
> What I'm trying to say here is: to the best of my knowledge, there's
> nobody on the jack team who cares about OSS, at least not in the context
> of jackd1. You're most likely on your own.

I'm using jack1 almost every week with FreeBSD and OSS. I would happily
be glad to contribute a better OSS experience with FreeBSD, where OSS is
the de-facto audio standard. Maybe you could give some FreeBSD devs a
few src bits for jack1? The FreeBSD team has a bunch of OSS patches
already waiting for upstream:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/audio/jack/files/

--HPS