[Jack-Devel] Cannot combine audio devices with more than 64 channels

Thomas Brand tom at trellis.ch
Tue Jan 24 17:29:51 CET 2017

On Tue, January 24, 2017 17:13, Jörg Müller wrote:
> Thanks for the information.
>

> The two MADI FX cards I'm using can be synced via word clock.
>

> However, the information needs to be unaltered, no resampling or any
> modification is allowed for our processing. What command line settings do
> have to use to make sure of that? How can I use the official zita-ajbridge
>  or is there some documentation about it?

yes; man zita-n2j

in a nutshell, for two local JACK servers:
main server (default):
jackd -R -d...
zita-j2n --float 10.10.10.19 4445
zita-n2j --buf 0 10.10.10.19 6667

second server (foo):
jackd --name foo ...
JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER=foo zita-n2j --buff 0 10.10.10.19 4445
JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER=foo zita-j2n --float 10.10.10.19 6667

This creates 4 clients in 2 JACK servers ready to be connected in both
directions, for 2 channels (default setting) using MTU of 1500 (default
setting). The delay is constant from what i see in a scope.
10.10.10.19 is the IP address of the local network interface (127.0.0.1 or
localhost should work too).
You still have to find in man page of a recent zita-n2j how to turn off
resampling and set channel counts.

Good luck,
Thomas