[Jack-Devel] Selecting Firewire Interface with -d

Thomas Brand tom at trellis.ch
Wed Jan 25 16:29:46 CET 2017

On Tue, January 24, 2017 22:02, Adrian Knoth wrote:

> And then there's this whole category of OSX. I don't know what the
> situation there is, but it seems that Sierra changed the device API and
> jack no longer works? Or maybe I'm reading this wrong?
>
> Let me CC sletz for his view. I haven't seen him lately neither, maybe
> also swamped with work.
>
> That said, if you want to provide code reviews on the PRs, please go
> ahead and mark those that look good to you. Then re-assign to me, and I'll
> merge them in. The more eyes the merrier.

I don't think i could do that in a nice way for pull requests since i've
only a very rough insight in JACK 2's code base.

However i could possibly help to categorize issues by labels.
Please have a look at this example:
https://github.com/andrewrk/libsoundio/issues
I think it makes great use of labels to get a quick overview if an issue
is a bug or a feature or related to OSX etc. The first step would be to
define a set of labels.

What is the general opinion, would that help in any ways? Could it help to
plan releases too (using milestones)?

Greetings
Thomas