[Jack-Devel] Selecting Firewire Interface with -d

Thomas Brand tom at trellis.ch
Wed Jan 25 16:46:40 CET 2017

On Wed, January 25, 2017 16:37, Stéphane Letz wrote:
> Not much time for JACK2 right now. Merging big PR is almost impossible if
> they affect common code and cannot be tested on OS X and Windows. PR that
> deal with limited/easy to review changes or Linux/ALSA specific ones can
> possibly be merged. PR review is a good idea, but I would prefer to keep
> an eye on final merge...
>
> The reasonable goal for me will be to finally do a official jackdmp 1.9.1
> release, hopefully in february.
>
> Stéphane

That sounds good!

Windows and OSX testing: wouldn't it be easy if Windows and OSX users
could get a "nightly" build of bleeding edge JACK2 to actually test it? If
that would happen it would be safer to assume that merged PRs will not
pose any problems on these platforms when the effective release takes
place.
Having a continuous build system would also help to not have peaks for big
releases, they would "just" be on out of a linear series.
Ardour switched to this kind of build system some time ago (others already
have it) and after the inital work i'm practically sure it would help the
mid- to longterm development of JACK. Let me know it this is BS :)

Greetings
Thomas