[Jack-Devel] Jack won't start on boot

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 13:43:53 CEST 2017

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:

> with jackd in the middle than using it directly.  If it were, Jack would
> be sort-of pointless compared to something like alsalib.

Even though you wrote "sort-of", it still needs a comment.
Alsalib is very low-level, and shouldn't really be used by any
type of software except for libraries like jack, pulseaudio,
portaudio, etc. that provides more high level audio APIs.

I would think there's been billions (or at least thousands)
of bugs in the linux audio world because people have
have misunderstood the point of alsalib, and used it
directly in their application instead of a higher level library.