[Jack-Devel] Considering JamRouter, a low-jitter MIDI bridge for all Jack versions

Carlo Capocasa carlo at capocasa.net
Mon Jul 10 14:01:04 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

I have recently discovered JamRouter

https://github.com/williamweston/jamrouter

the use of which resulted in a subjective improvement in feel when playing
percussive parts on high-throughput MIDI controllers such as the QuNeo or
the Linnstrument over a2jmidid. The documented test cases in the readme seem
rather impressive as well.

It appears to me that JamRouter is highly undervalued and I would like to
ask for your opinions as a Jack users on whether it has simply been
overlooked, or whether there is a technical reason it is not receiving more
attention.

Thank you very much!

Carlo