[Jack-Devel] Considering JamRouter, a low-jitter MIDI bridge for all Jack versions

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Tue Jul 11 01:30:58 CEST 2017

On 07/10/2017 08:01 AM, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have recently discovered JamRouter
>
> https://github.com/williamweston/jamrouter
>
> the use of which resulted in a subjective improvement in feel when playing
> percussive parts on high-throughput MIDI controllers such as the QuNeo or
> the Linnstrument over a2jmidid. The documented test cases in the readme seem
> rather impressive as well.
>
> It appears to me that JamRouter is highly undervalued and I would like to
> ask for your opinions as a Jack users on whether it has simply been
> overlooked, or whether there is a technical reason it is not receiving more
> attention.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Carlo

Hi, just want to say I also discovered JamRouter this past weekend, and was
  thinking the same - what others think of it and if it has been
discussed before.
Very impressive documentation. I'm not sure if I'm reading the tables
  correctly, but it seems as if the latency may be worse in some cases
  than without it? Maybe on LAU or LAD others may chime in.

Tim.