[Jack-Devel] Jack to Bluetooth

sqweek sqweek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 16:05:37 CEST 2017

On 31 May 2017 at 23:46, Chris Caudle <chris at chriscaudle.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 31, 2017 10:19 am, jamie marchant wrote:
> >   I'm new to Jack. Can it be used to redirect audio output over
> > Bluetooth?
>
> Most use of bluetooth would be connecting to a bluetooth device, i.e.
> playing computer audio through a bluetooth headphone.  What you want is
> for your computer to act as if the computer is a bluetooth headphone.
> That is not a common use case, so I would be very surprised if that
> connection direction is supported.

IIRC once I setup bluetooth my phone automatically routed audio through to
my [archlinux] laptop when connected, at least for notifications and the
like. It was never something I setup intentionally though so I can't help
with details. Pretty sure I was using a windows phone at the time; possibly
it was android.

... not that any of this brings the subject closer to being on topic for
JACK. I'll be quiet now :)
-sqweek