[Jack-Devel] JACK2 1.9.11-RC1 is now tagged

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:08:24 CEST 2017

Great news Filipe!

I'm happy that you are the new maintainer.

Regarding the version for the new release, I wonder if it would be better
if the next version was 1.9.12, and not 1.9.11? The reason is that we have
already had a 1.9.11 release for Windows (when you go to jackaudio.org and
download for windows, you find 1.9.11). I've been using 1.9.11, and
included it with Radium, since long before it was officially released. And
it works fine too as far as I know.

Another thing. Regarding the versioning type on OSX. Maybe it would be a
good idea to use the same versioning as for Linux and Windows? I don't know
the reason for using 0.9x instead of 1.9.x on OSX though.