[Jack-Devel] [LAU] jackd terminates on its own

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 14:20:55 CEST 2017

(cc to the jack-devel mailing list)

> jonetsu:

> > When using the latest Bitwig and loading several projects, enabling
> > audio for each one, playing it for a few seconds then loading another
> > one, playing it, so on so forth, jackd will steadily terminate, like
> > this:
> >
> > Jack: JackPosixProcessSync::TimedWait time out = 116080
> > Jack: JackPosixProcessSync::TimedWait finished delta = 3668.0
> > Jack: JackEngine::ClientExternalClose ref = 2
> > Jack: JackEngine::ClientCloseAux ref = 2
> > Jack: JackEngine::ReleaseRefnum server quit
> > Unknown error...
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of
> > 'Jack::JackTemporaryException' what():

Hi, I just took a glance at the source code of jack2,
and when you get this message:

  "Jack: JackEngine::ClientExternalClose ref = 2"

...and you don't see any message about "Kill", it's the client
that has called jack_close(). So it seems like BitWig has called
jack_close() manually. However, the rest of the messages
indicates that something is wrong somewhere.