[Jack-Devel] [LAU] jackd terminates on its own

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 14:34:05 CEST 2017

(Removed linux-audio-user, only on jack-devel mailing list now)

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> Hi, I just took a glance at the source code of jack2,
> and when you get this message:
>
>   "Jack: JackEngine::ClientExternalClose ref = 2"
>
> ...and you don't see any message about "Kill", it's the client
> that has called jack_close(). So it seems like BitWig has called
> jack_close() manually. However, the rest of the messages
> indicates that something is wrong somewhere.

jackdmp ends up in this code right after closing the client.

"
            // Last client and temporay case: quit the server
            jack_log("JackEngine::ReleaseRefnum server quit");
            fEngineControl->fTemporary = false;
            throw JackTemporaryException();
"

I don't know what "temporary case" mean...

Does it mean that jackd was started automatically by the client?
(I guess not since "-v" was added explicitly by jonetsu.)

Anyone?

(Sorry for replying to myself, an unrelated compilation task took longer
than planned, so I had time to look more into this)