[Jack-Devel] [LAU] jackd terminates on its own

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 17:40:32 CEST 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 5:25 PM, jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 14:34:05 +0200
> Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does it mean that jackd was started automatically by the client?
> > (I guess not since "-v" was added explicitly by jonetsu.)
>
> If jackd is not running then Bitwig 2.1.1 will start it.  Does this
> interfere in some way when jackd is already running ?

Not sure. There is something called "Temporary mode" which is enabled
with the option "-T". I can't find documentation about what it does, but
if you start jackd without the "-T" option, we should see a different
output in the terminal.

My _guess_ is that temporary mode automatically shuts down the
jack server when the last client exits, and that this behavior doesn't
work well with bitwig since it opens and closes several clients
during its lifetime.