[Jack-Devel] Failures in connecting mac OSX Sierra and an embedded board with linux via netjack2

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed May 3 01:53:39 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 2, 2017 6:40 pm, Frodo Jedi wrote:
> How could I verify that multicast is actually working?

This is the tool I used, open multicast ping:
https://github.com/troglobit/omping

It was easy to compile on an ARM board running debian, available in the
repositories for my Fedora machine.  I don't know how easy to get it
running on mac.  If you have gcc and gmake installed might be as easy as
downloading the source and running make, but I could not find any
reference online that implied MacOS was known to work.
I'm not sure what other tool might be available on MacOS, you would have
to find someone more knowledgeable about Mac network setup.

--
Chris Caudle