[Jack-Devel] How does --hwmon work?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun May 7 08:42:20 CEST 2017

David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> writes:

> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 06 May 2017 22:24:29 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>>>dak at lola:~$ ps ax k priority -o priority,comm |grep irq
>>>-91 irq/8-rtc0
>>>-81 irq/17-firewire
>>>-71 irq/32-snd_hda_
>>> [snip]
>>> 20 irqbalance
>>>
>>>Looks like somebody is prioritizing my soundcards.
>>
>> Much likely it's Rui's rtirq script. For what ever reason Ubuntu
>> keeps it in init.d and doesn't start it by a systemd unit.
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/rtirq-init
>>
>> Instead of ps, you could run
>>
>> /etc/init.d/rtirq status
>>
>> I can't speak for your computer, but usually rtc shouldn't be
>> prioritised anymore and irqbalance should be completely removed.
>
> It's been years since I touched the config file.  Probably I should
> remove, install from scratch.
>
> Oh wait.  snd_hda_ would be the laptop internal sound card, not the
> Hammerfall DSP.  The latter doesn't have its own interrupt apparently,
> so this would rather be, uh, irq/16-yenta ?  That one's at the bottom in
> the list.  Darn it.  I probably removed it when I put the Hammerfall
> into storage.  And got it out again since the Mackie Onyx mixer is too
> bulky for Free Software conference duty.
>
> So maybe I should give the Hammerfall a better chance at working.

Well, there is irq/16-snd_hdsp after all once I plug the Cardbus card in
(it's usually out in the morning since the computer doesn't wake up
successfully from suspend otherwise).  And it's prioritized well enough
once I _rerun_ /etc/init.d/rtirq.  Otherwise it sticks at the bottom.

Ok, something to keep in mind.

--
David Kastrup