[Jack-Devel] Jack_Capture not starting anymore after having Jackd running as systemd service

jack at microfx.de jack at microfx.de
Mon Dec 10 22:53:32 CET 2018

Hey!

Using the jack audio toolkit with my pisound DAC on a Raspberry Pi 3 which was a hassle - but I got it running with some hacks.

Now for convenience I added jackd and jack_connect (to route input to output) as a service inside systemd - which works as expected. Before I could easily start jack_capture to record the input. But now it’s not starting anymore unfortunately. I get this error:

jack_capture -c 5 -mb -tm -f flac
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
>>> jack_client_open() failed, status = 0x11

I copied jack_capture also to /usr/locale/bin

My systemd service files:

jack-connect.service —> starts also jackd.service
[Unit]
Description=jack-connect
Wants=jackd.service
After=jackd.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 1s
ExecStartPre=/usr/local/bin/jack_connect system:capture_2 system:playback_2
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/jack_connect system:capture_1 system:playback_1

jackd.service
[Unit]
Description=jackd Unit

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/jackd -t 2000 -P 75 -d alsa -d hw:pisound -r 48000 -p 128 -n 2 -X seq -s

ExecStop=/usr/bin/killall jackd

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards
Jan