[Jack-Devel] Jack_Capture not starting anymore after having Jackd running as systemd service

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:06:50 CET 2018

I don't know if this is the problem, but it looks like it.

The problem seems to be:

"jackd" needs to run by the same user as the clients.

(At least that's how it was in the old days, but maybe something
has changed since then).

E.g. If the process owner of jackd is root, you can't run jack_capture
as a  normal user.

I'm also pretty sure you can run several jackd simultaneously
on the same machine as long as each jackd is run by a different user.