[Jack-Devel] Jack_Capture not starting anymore after having Jackd running as systemd service

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Mon Dec 10 23:11:48 CET 2018

On Mon, December 10, 2018 3:53 pm, jack at microfx.de wrote:
> Now for convenience I added jackd and jack_connect (to route input to
> output) as a service inside systemd - which works as expected. Before I
> could easily start jack_capture to record the input. But now it’s not
> starting anymore unfortunately. I get this error:
>
> jack_capture -c 5 -mb -tm -f flac
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> jack server is not running or cannot be started

Probably as Kjetil wrote the user accounts are not the same.
In the [Service] section of the systemd file you can have User= and Group=
lines to set the user and group which the service should be run. Perhaps
if you make a user account and add that account in the systemd service
file and also log in as that user when you want to use jack_capture it
will still work as you would like.

--
Chris Caudle