[Jack-Devel] Jack_Capture not starting anymore after having Jackd running as systemd service

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:56:30 CET 2018

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:37 PM jack at microfx.de <jack at microfx.de> wrote:

> that indeed looks like a solution! But I would need to know if jack_capture is recording to stop it again because I want to use a button to trigger start/stop of the recording - and I can’t think of a solution right away. Good input for the recording directory - I was asking myself how to do that since I couldn’t find that in the help file.

A little bit hacky, but you can use the --hook* functions to make
jack_capture run arbitrary commands when starting and stopping:

"
[kjetil at localhost jack_capture]$ more hookstart.sh
#!/bin/sh

touch /tmp/jack_capture_is_recording

[kjetil at localhost jack_capture]$ more hookstop.sh
#!/bin/sh

rm -f /tmp/jack_capture_is_recording
"

And if you run jack_capture with the arguments

  --hook-close ./hookstop.sh --hook-timing ./hookstart.sh

The file /tmp/jack_capture_is_recording will exist when recording.