[Jack-Devel] Jack_Capture not starting anymore after having Jackd running as systemd service

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:01:26 CET 2018

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 12:52 AM jack at microfx.de <jack at microfx.de> wrote:

> Alright! I added everything… but I have some routing problems right now so I cannot install the osc package. Will try tomorrow.
>
> I just tested the whole setup … and I get crackling when running jackd as mentioned above with systemd …does it run with another priority maybe? When using my old scripts to start jack2 everything is normal.

You might not have the right privilege to run jackd as a normal user
with SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR priority (I.e realtime priority).

Try to run jackd manually in the shell as a normal user and see if it
shows a warning message about this.

If you do get a warning, there's probably some info at jackaudio.org
on how to enable realtime privileges for normal users, or you can
google it. I don't remember exactly how right now. :-)