[Jack-Devel] Bitrate from Jack or USB driver

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Fri Dec 14 08:47:26 CET 2018

I thought it was the last of my questions but I have two more, of this
is the first mail.

My presonus 1818vsl seemingly defaults to 44100 Hz never mind if you
configure it to 96000Hz with the windows mixer.
It seems as soon as you close down the windows based presonus audiobox
software it defaults back to 44100Hz and soesnt keep it in memory when
you use it on Linux.

Questions:
1) I need to confirm the above.
Is there any way jack can report the bitrate of the data it receives
from usb driver and therefore the bitrate by which the presonus 1818vsl
send the data.

2) If the 1818vsl does revert back after a windows config at a higher
rate, is there any current facility in jack to configure the presonus to
work with 96000Hz ?