[Jack-Devel] MacOS support

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 10:14:25 CET 2018

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Stefan Hellkvist <stefan at stagecast.se>
wrote:

> Radium only has a Jack backend. If jack stops working on MacOS I will
> certainly look into it, but I haven't noticed jack not working on any
> version
> of MacOS (including high sierra), and I haven't heard any user compaining
> about Jack not working on OSX before now.
>
> Stefan, can you try to install Jack included with Radium instead of using
> brew?
> http://users.notam02.no/~kjetism/radium/demos/macosx/?C=M;O=D
>

> I tried this version. It seems to be the same as on the jack…org/download
> page, right?

Yes, it seems so. The download links on jackaudio.org have been more
conservative than the included version of Jack in Radium, so I always link
to Radium instead to make sure it's the latest version.

> It seems to work as far as your use case is concerned (started your radium
> and it seems to connect to that jack server). The ltc-tools (with jltcdump
> as I mentioned in another mail in this thread). Does not seem to be
> compatible with this version of jack though. I get the same “failed to
> connect errors” as before.
>

> $ jltcdump
> unknown option character l
> connect(2) call to jackdmp 1.9.11/jack-502/default/jack_0 failed (err=No
> such file or directory)
>
> So, it seems like Jack2 works in some ways (as in your use case) but
> perhaps that the tools that link to its dynamic libraries are not always
> fully compatible. Or that the programming interface between jack1 and jack2
> has changed over time, I don’t know.

I guess you have to recompile jltcdump. Seems like it's not been compiled
with an ABI-compatible version of jack.