[Jack-Devel] Why can I only select 512 samples?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Tue Feb 27 04:31:53 CET 2018

> -First, I opened the Jack Control Panel & set the buffer/latency to 1024
> and then shut it down.

Are you talking about this application when you say Jack Control Panel?
http://jorgan-home.de/mediawiki_en/images/a/ac/01-JackControl.png

If so, that is actually called QJackControl, and if you shut that
application down and start jack from its own shortcut then you have not
actually made any changes to the setting.
The way that application works is that you make the setting changes you
want in the Setup dialog, then you click the Start button and it calls
jackd.exe with the proper arguments to make the settings you want.

If you make changes in QJackControl, and then instead of clicking the
Start button you click the jackd shortcut, what you actually do is write
some configuration changes to the settings save file for QJackControl, and
then ignore all that and start up jackd with default settings.

--
Chris Caudle