[Jack-Devel] Handling adaptive number of input samples required for adaptive resampler

Benny Alexandar ben.alex at outlook.com
Sun Feb 25 12:53:47 CET 2018

Hi,

I have a requirement to do a re-sampling based on drift detected on jitter buffer.
Suppose I have set jack process callback to 128 samples, and I detected that I have to do
an resampling by 10%, ie n_in = 1.1 * nout then I need 12.8 samples more, which is not available and
has to wait for next callback. This will delay my processing. If I make my buffer size
more than 128, I may have to do a decimation based on drift in which direction.

How to handle these cases of having   varying buffer size requirements ?

-ben