[Jack-Devel] Usage feasibility Q

Robert Bielik Robert.Bielik at dirac.com
Sun Jan 28 09:07:29 CET 2018

> > But there are specific scenarios where internal clients are useful.
>
> OK, agreed, your specific case of 2x more processes running in a MOD is a
> case where it is useful.
>
> But to get back to the topic at hand, the original poster asked about
> running 1 DSP client.
> I still think that for that case developing as a stand alone jack
> connected application on a desktop machine, then moving to the ARM SBC
> when it is working reasonably well is going to be the lowest effort path.

Thank you all for very interesting input, I'll do the DSP in a "regular" jack client to get everything working, and maybe migrate to an internal one later on, if needed.

Now I'll just have to get jack to work at all on my platform (RPi3 + Audioinjector Octocard), having trouble with dbus/X11 as I run Raspbian Stretch headless...

Thank you all again!
Regards
/Robert