[Jack-Devel] Usage feasibility Q

Robert Bielik Robert.Bielik at dirac.com
Sun Jan 28 10:31:25 CET 2018

> Now I'll just have to get jack to work at all on my platform (RPi3 +
> Audioinjector Octocard), having trouble with dbus/X11 as I run Raspbian
> Stretch headless...

Ok, speaking of which, apparently I need to use jackd2 (http://forum.audioinjector.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16), but I have no X11 installed, which seems to be needed ?:

pi at AccordPi:~ $ sudo jackd -d alsa
jackdmp 1.9.11
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
Failed to connect to session bus for device reservation /usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

Audio device hw:0 cannot be acquired...
Cannot initialize driver
JackServer::Open failed with -1
Failed to open server