[Jack-Devel] MacOS support

Josh de Kock josh at itanimul.li
Sun Mar 25 19:41:58 CEST 2018

On 2018/02/01 13:59, Stefan Hellkvist wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> (Sorry this question has already been discussed but the search function in the archive of the list does not work)
>
> Is anyone working on the problem of getting Jack up and running on MacOS again? I installed Jack with brew but I get these “could not handle external client request” errors which seems to be old problems from looking at search results and GitHub discussions - problems introduced when MacOS audio architecture was changed a while back. Is there any progress on these matters? Is someone working on it? I need Jack as it is a dependency to another library I would like to use but I realize that I might have to abandon MacOS as a platform in the process.

I looked at this a year or so ago, but ended up concluding that it was
too much work (for someone who had little to gain from it other than
just interest). I concluded in the case of JackOSX it would require an
almost full rewrite of the Router for modern macOS APIs. I could
probably look into it again, if someone could convince me :)

--
Josh