[Jack-Devel] tmux, systemd and jack capture

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:29:59 CEST 2019

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 11:35 AM <jack at microfx.de> wrote:
> Now it starts properly but if I look into that tmux session I get
> warnings/errors:
>
>   jack_capture -c 2 -mb -tm -f wav --filename-prefix ABC-TEST-
> --hook-close ./hookstop.sh --hook-timing ./hookstart.sh
> Cannot lock down 82287136 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
> Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/70)(1: Operation not permitted)
> JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error
>
> I had this solved when starting the script manually by adding * - nice
> -20 into /etc/security/limits.conf - but this obviously is not working
> when starting the script within systemd (although same user).
>
> Any ideas?

Hi, I don't know how to solve this. Just want to point out that the
"Could not set higher priority for a SCHED_OTHER process" warning is
not very important. jack_capture just tries to renice the thread that
writes to disk, but this might not make any difference. It's not
something you should care about.

The other error, "Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/70)(1: Operation
not permitted)" is probably important though. This error comes from
libjack.