[Jack-Devel] Time for a separate jack-users list?

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sat Aug 10 00:36:51 CEST 2019

On 8/9/19 12:02 PM, John Rigg wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 10:41:01AM -0500, Chris Caudle wrote:
>>> Would a separate jack-users list be a good idea?
>>
>> Possibly, but there are long periods of time with very low traffic on the
>> list, and traditionally a lot of the questions have been such that the
>> developers were some of the few people with expertise to answer.

I've noticed things generally have been quiet these days here and
  on LAD, LAU. Wonder why.
But I am happy to see that actually there is much action on
  Jack github, much development and discussion happening still.

>> My personal  opinion is that based on historical patterns, just
>> recommending some threads be moved to linux-audio-users would probably be
>> better than starting a separate mailing list which might end up with very
>> few people monitoring.
>
> Fair points. The jackaudio.org web site does mention the
> linux-audio-user list, but maybe it could be made clearer
> there that LAU is more appropriate than jack-devel for
> general user questions.
>
> John

Although this is a Jack developer list, hopefully members do not mind
  occasional discussions about how others program for Jack (as I am
  engaged in ATM) with experts watching to correct something.

Tim.