[Jack-Devel] AVB

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Mon Feb 25 00:15:41 CET 2019

On Sun, February 24, 2019 4:54 pm, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>>> Even then I found problems with the latest firmware version, input
>>> channels would shift in blocks of 8 every few seconds (ie: input
>>> coming in through channel 1 would suddenly appear in 9, and so on and
>>> so forth). Again, downgrading a bit gets rid of that problem.

> I imagine that would not happen if you were to use their proprietary
> driver instead of the class compliant driver.

Wouldn't Apple equipment be using a class compliant driver?  Given how
much of their business was traditionally to Apple users that seems very
strange that they would have firmware that breaks class compliant use if
it also broke usage on Mac OS and iOS. I guess Mac users only get the
lower channel count firmware?  But that is the same firmware you say
shifts the channels around, correct?

--
Chris Caudle