[Jack-Devel] Adjustable port alias limit

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Mon Jan 28 17:42:50 CET 2019

On Mon, January 28, 2019 9:54 am, Sunset Tech wrote:
> Greetings! I attempted to see if there was any work or discussion on this,
> but brought up nothing, I hope I am not duplicating some effort/thought
> here.

One thing you should check is that there is an API defined for metadata in
JACK, but only jackd 1 has implemented that so far, it is still on the
to-do list for jackd 2 (along with incorporating the zita-a2j bridge code
like jackd 1, maybe something else as well I have forgotten).
I am not sure if the metadata API can be used for what you need, but
before starting something completely unrelated make sure to check the
jackd 1 implementation to see if the new API queued for inclusion in jackd
2 but not yet implemented might work.

--
Chris Caudle