[Jack-Devel] AVB Backend

Ethan Funk ethan at redmountainradio.com
Wed Jun 19 22:12:58 CEST 2019

I vote for B as well.  I am working on porting a Mac OS X radio
automation system I wrote to Linux/FreeBSD using Jack2.  AVB is
certainly on my radar for use!  However, I was under the impression,
without having dug to deep into the protocol, that the AVB's
precision network time management allows all devices to share a sample
clock.  That sure would make it easy from a JACK perspective. No
asynchronous re-sampling would be required (if I am correct about
network time). Since I have no AVB equipment, I am not clear how one
goes about setting up which device on the network is the clock master,
but it must be configurable somehow.

Ethan...