[Jack-Devel] Korg nanoKONTROL2 and Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 MIDI issues

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sat Jun 22 17:39:50 CEST 2019

So my previous setup was a Creative Labs SB1095 and the nanoKONTROL2.
The nanoKONTROL was showing up via the ALSA-MIDI bridge and I was using
it to control Ardour.

I replaced the SB1095 with a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 and
now the nanoKONTROL no longer shows up as a MIDI device. The ALSA-MIDI
bridge is running because I get the passthrough device in Claudia. The
Audio6 doesn't show up as a MIDI device either.

The weird thing is when I first got the Audio6 I unplugged the SB and
plugged in the Audio6 and it did show up as a MIDI device. JACK
*really* dislikes having its audio device removed out from under it I
noticed so audio never worked again after that. :)

I kept the Audio6 plugged in and rebooted. I got audio working but MIDI
never came up on either the nanoKONTROL or the Audio6.

I'm completely stuck now and don't know what to do, please help!!

Thanks!

-brian