[Jack-Devel] Jack Problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Fri Mar 22 23:30:50 CET 2019

Dont want to sound disrespectful, but I need to ask.

Who are the experts that will be using Jack.

I havent been on an audio related usergroup where anything positive has
been said (except largely what I posted) about jack. By large 95% of
users complain about jack.

If I can find some of these experts it will go a long way to figure out
how to actually use it in reality. But I found none on the 10s of
usergroups related to audio that I subscribe to. It is always complaints
about jack. I myself have been using Linux since 97 and did a lot of
unix and assembler programming before 97.
I wrote some of the most complex numerical software on Linux for
clusters. I am well educated with three postgraduate degrees one of
which is numerical methods. Audio has been a lifelong interest, and
still is semi-professionally as I have been a performing musician my
entire life.

If I cannot make sense of it and become an "expert" who will unless they
have special information. Do the expert study the coded, basically
become a developer. ?

With software, a lack of proper specification and scriptable advice,
leads to no one being able to come to grips unless they go study the
code - even if the application is dead simple. I dont want to do that
and shouldnt need to as just need to be a user in this case that wants
to become an expert if possible.