[Jack-Devel] Jack Problems

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Sat Mar 23 08:26:45 CET 2019

On 2019-03-22 23:30, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:
> Who are the experts that will be using Jack.

That would be the experts on Jack.

Anyway. A couple of month ago you asked about advice to chose a Linux
distribution for audio purposes. I believe you chose AVLinux. It might
be a good idea to check out some other distros and preferably one you
can boot and run from USB/DVD (live).

I've been using Slackware, RedHat, Gentoo, Jacklab, Opensuse and now
Ubuntustudio for audio. All having their pros and cons during the years.
Ubuntustudio, while it's not a perfect distro it suits my need at the
moment, and does boot it's iso in live-mode. And for what it's worth it
was the first distro that I've been able to install and just run without
a hassle in regards to audio distro.

https://ubuntustudio.org/download

Another suggestion would be to ask advice on the AVLinux forum. It seems
to me that your problem is more a distro specific problem than a jackd
one. I might be wrong though.

Cheers,

--
/bengan