[Jack-Devel] Uninstalled Pulseaudio Jack/jackd2 Jack Reinstalled still wont start.

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Tue Mar 26 05:28:39 CET 2019

Ok, the consensus from about everyone is seemingly that pulseaudio is
the culprit causing all the problems with jack. So I will give that
route a try.

I uninstalled pulseaudio pavucontrol jackd2 jack completely.
I only reinstalled jack, the jackd2 need I dont get so I left it out.

After jack is installed, I try to start it through mixbus which is about
the only application I found that can actually start jack. I used mixbus
for about 6 months with jack on another distro. qjacktcl does nothing
but parse irrelevance and promisses so I dont use it anymore.

I start mixbus from command line.
It starts up but says it cannot find/start jack.
The tail of the terminal output contains the jack start string (which
fails completely to start jack).

resetting paste count
Mixbus:  Screen height is 1080; Font scale is 1; User-scale is 1;
Suggested scale: 1.05469
caught signal - shutting down.
JACK command line will be:  -t 200 -p 2048 -R -T -d alsa -n 2 -r 48000
-p 128 -d hw:VSL,0
Butler drops pool trash
resetting paste count

After which it reports the screenshot.