[Jack-Devel] Jack Problems

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Mar 27 00:29:52 CET 2019

On Tue, March 26, 2019 6:04 pm, Thomas Brand wrote:
> Just a short note - we should be open for any kind of suggestions, with or
> without jack understanding. That said, I believe Kjetil is far beyond a
> jack user, so it's valuable to listen and discuss.

Yes, I apologize if  my response sounded too harsh.

And  on a hopefully more constructive note, perhaps in several months the
pipewire server may be able to provide some of  the alternative use cases.
 The desire is that pipewire can replace both pulseaudio and jackd in a
system, as well as provide a similar service for video.
https://pipewire.org/

I do not know how much is implemented currently.  The jack API would
probably not have any gain controls, but the pulse API would have to
implement something like the current pulseaudio mixer to be usable as the
main desktop audio server, so it may be usable for something like what was
requested.

--
Chris Caudle