[Jack-Devel] Remaining problems

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Wed Mar 27 01:55:00 CET 2019

On 2019-03-26 17:14, John Rigg wrote:

> So you found the problem. You should be able to use alsamixer to
> turn them up. Let us know if it works.

Hi John, I managed to get pulseaudio to route to jack. It was nothing
involving
load-module module-jack-source
load-module module-jack-sink channels=2
as was recommended to add to pulseaudio config file.
That really didnt work.
In the process I had to completely uninstall qjackctl and mixbus still
sent sound great so did pulse through jack. Good riddance in my case as
qjackctl never did anything useful for me.

So now pulse plays very nice and I have everything from my myriad of
bluetooth devices and all my desktop audio and what not routed through
jack to the 1818vsl. All works flawless.

The only current remaining problem is therefore:
Why no signal from 1818vsl is routed from alsa to mixbus although it is
clearly routed with jack.
As already mentioned All sound routes successfully to the 1818vsl.

What is really necessary is an application that can tap into any in or
output and output raw data, so a user can debug these interfaces. Since
you dont bother about latency etc, it would be dead easy to write
something like that. It should really be a built in patch tap tester for
patchage.

You and a few other on the group- helped me a boatload, and it is almost
finished.
All I now have to try and solve is why alsa or jack do not route the
sound coming from the 1818vsl.

Thanks