[Jack-Devel] Remaining problems

John Rigg jd at jrigg.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 10:33:33 CET 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 08:27:02PM -0400, liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com wrote:
> On 2019-03-26 17:14, John Rigg wrote:
>>
>> So you found the problem. You should be able to use alsamixer to
>> turn them up. Let us know if it works.
>
> Not really I was searching for it because the shortcuts to the alsa gui
> mixer didnt work and nothing could be changed, so I was searching where
> settings were kept when you posted.

You shouldn't need a GUI shortcut to start alsamixer. It starts from
the command line and has an ncurses interface. Check you have it
installed - it's in the alsa-utils package in Debian.

> Setting all values in capture to 255 didnt solve the problem.

Wrong setting. The dbvalues are set to -12750 in the asound.state
file you posted. They need to be set to 0 for full volume. Look at
the playback values and mirror those.

John