[Jack-Devel] Jack/USB cycle of USB output Sound device.

liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com liebrecht at grossmann-venter.com
Sat Mar 30 04:45:55 CET 2019

So Jack routes from Alsa and Alsa handles the USB 1818VSl directly.

Problem:
If I plug out the 1818vsl (my main sound card) usb plug, then jack
disconnects although it is not directly handling the usb device but alsa
is.
If I reconnect jack does not reconnect, so I have to go then through my
startup script and restart jack after which it all works again.

Question
Is there a daemon available that monitors the usb device 1818vsl in my
case and then reconnects if the device is unplugged and replugged ?

If not, I will have to write such daemon for my own purposes and it is
no sweat doing it, but just wondered if I am maybe missing  that someone
already done it as it is a blatantly obvious missing piece. I ask as I
dont want to reinvent the wheel if it already exists.