[Jack-Devel] Plan for new Jack 2 release?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed May 22 22:17:53 CEST 2019

Am 22.05.19 um 21:58 schrieb Ethan Funk:
> Metadata support? Wow... I really want that for my application. That's a
> huge problem solver. Where can I find proposed API info?

The metadata API has been in existence for a couple of years already in
JACK 1:

http://jackaudio.org/api/group__Metadata.html

But unfortunately not many people know about it (I only was made aware
of it a couple of months ago), maybe in part because the only
non-technical description of it was lost, when the jackaudio.org web
site was compromised and then completely replaced a few years ago. I
restored a page about the topic from the old web site to the curernt
Github wiki a few weeks ago:

https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/JACK-Metadata-API

Chris