[Jack-Devel] JACK2 v1.9.13 release
falktx at falktx.com
Sun Oct 6 23:25:02 CEST 2019
A new version of JACK2 has just been released.
You can grab the latest release source code at
The official changelog is:
- Meta-data API implementation. (and a few tools updated with support
- Correct GPL licence to LGPL for files needed to build libjack.
- Remove FreeBoB backend (superseded by FFADO).
- define JACK_LIB_EXPORT, useful for internal clients.
- Mark jack_midi_reset_buffer as deprecated.
- Add example systemd unit file
- Signal to systemd when jackd is ready.
- Set "seq" alsa midi driver to maximum resolution possible.
- Fix loading internal clients from another internal client.
- Code cleanup and various fixes. (too many to mention here, see git log
This release is focused on meta-data support, and this is why it took so
There might be odd cases here and there and a few bugs, as it is often
the case for all software...
So please make sure to report back any issues!
Special thanks goes to Rui Nuno Capela for the initial pull-request
There was some work needed afterwards, but that was the biggest hurdle
and motivation needed for a new release. :)
There are still no updated macOS or Windows builds, those will be
handled at a later date.
Current plan is to have JACK1 feature-parity first (only a2jmidid and
zita internal clients missing now),
and afterwards merging examples/tools and header files to be shared
between JACK1 and JACK2.
The situation regarding development of JACK and JACK1 considered legacy
has not changed since last release 2 years ago.
See https://jackaudio.org/news/#jack2-v1912-release-and-future-plans for
PS: I am in the progress of moving jackaudio.org domain, there might be
More information about the Jackaudio