[Jackaudio] no audio through headphone jack

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Jun 8 18:22:46 CEST 2020

Am 07.06.20 um 17:55 schrieb Piscium:
> There is something I have not figured out. If I plug headphones on the
> 3.5 mm headphone port in the front of the desktop, the sound out of
> the back to the speakers stops, as normal in pulseaudio, however I
> don't get any sound on the headphones. I could not find in Cadence any
> port specific for the headphones.

Since you are using the headphones with their own audio interface, they
are not used by JACK at all (I'm assuming your are using your internal
soundcard as the device for JACK). You have to route sound to them via
the pulseaudio-jack bridge. Then use pavucontrol to route the sound
within pulseaudio to the headphones interface. you might be able to
configure pulseaudio to do that switching automatically.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio#Switch_on_connect

For your JACK clients (Audacious, etc.) to send their output to the
pulseaudio-jack sink, either use their UI settings interface - but then
you'll probably only be able to connect them to one output port pair -
or some tool for automating jack connections like the qjackctl patchbay,
aj-snapshpt, jack-matchmaker, jack-autoconnect or jack.plumbing.

Chris